Friday, March 25, 2011

SD Update + Sage Oil

  Gone for nearly two weeks! Life has been more than a handful lately, what can I say :-). Right now I am sitting at my laptop wearing a shower cap over my AVC rinse ;-) I have gotten back into the swing of things with my hair. My SD has gotten so much better after treating it with Nizoral and Selsun Blue. I alternate between the two to control the skin cell overgrowth as well as the fungus. I looked at my hair lastnight and the patches are gone. I can still see where they were as my scalp is a bit pink around those parts (disgusting, I know) but overall, it looks good. I still have flakes here and there but NOTHING like it was. I am now trying to wash my hair more often sans retwisting because in order for the dandruff shampoo to work, it has to be used as directed on the bottle for at least 8 weeks or until the problem goes away. The non retwisting after washing thing is going to be difficult since summer is approaching and I can't just throw on a hat anymore. I need to think of some cute things to do with my hair despite my puffy roots. :-(


  What else is new? Oh! I recently purchased Sage Oil which I mixed with distilled water to use as a daily spritz. Sage is known for strengthening the hair and since my locs were shedding a bit, I decided it was necessary. So far, the shedding has decreased but I've only been using it for only about a week so I will report back with a review on it once I can tell if it's definitely working or not. I want to get into using more natural things on my hair. I was looking at these treatment packs from Lockology, they contain lots of natural herbs like yarrow and burdock, etc. I'm totally feeling anything herbal and natural for my hair at the moment. I am still planning on purchasing Jamaican Black Castor oil. I keep hearing the hype about it and how it promotes beautiful, healthy, strong locs so I definitely want to get into that. I did some research on it and found that it should be in a dark bottle. A lot of black castor oils that I've seen have been in white or clear containers which is a no-no if you want the good quality stuff so I'm probably going to have to purchase it online soon. Review! :-P


Here are some photos from a style I came up with the other day. It looked much cuter in person but I'm using the camera on my phone here. Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. Your hair is beautiful. I also have scalp problems, but feel like I can't wash too often, because my hair will just get super frizzy and doing my own hair is a "no-go" for me right now. I'm not quite there yet. Glad your scalp issue is getting better though.

    ReplyDelete