Saturday, July 2, 2011

Product Review: Suave Almond & Shea Butter

A few weeks ago, I picked up a new shampoo and conditioner from Suave called Almond and Shea Butter...


I didn't go to the store with the intention of purchasing this specific line but it was inexpensive and I knew that almond and shea butter are both very good for the hair. The first time I used it, I wasn't super impressed but I did like that the shampoo didn't strip the hair and make it feel dry. You can lather with this shampoo 3x in a row and it won't make the hair feel squeaky and stripped of moisture at all. The conditioner wasn't very thick and creamy like I had hoped it would be but it got the job done. I noticed that the longer I leave it on, the softer my hair feels so instead of leaving it on for 2 minutes as directed on the bottle, I put it in my hair and leave a shower cap on for the duration of my shower. This conditioner also works very well in a  co-wash. I wasn't too pleased with the scent because it smells fake. It has a subtle hint of almond but it smells like candy and I prefer more natural and true-to-the-name scents....For example, if it's coconut then I want the scent to be pure coconut :-) Overall, I liked it and thought that it delivered for the price (Under $3!!!) so I will continue to use this shampoo and conditioner until the bottles are emtpy. I give it 3 / 5 stars.

I have hard water and since I can't afford to buy a shower filter at the moment, I brought a clarifying shampoo from Suave which I have not used yet. Will do a review on this shampoo in the next few days. I am currently taking Biotin Supplements specifically for my nails but since it is intended to grow hair as well, I will update you guys on my experience with Biotin soon!

1 comment:

  1. Did you find that your hair unraveled a bit when you left the conditioner in for longer than recommended. I ask because I have that problem currently and thought that I might try a different conditioner.

    ReplyDelete